Like me on Facebook!

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

UNLV

      This week my class was down around the Maryland Parkway area. I tried several places in the area, but I had a hard time finding people, and a lot harder time finding people who would let me take their picture.  I decided I would give the UNLV area a try. I figured I would find more people down in that area and it would be less distance between them. 
       I did some early shots and finally convinced a few to let me take their picture. After a while I was ready to give up, but as luck would have it  I noticed a facebook post by a college girl from my home town that her sorority was participating in a campus fundraiser for Ronald McDonald House. I had just been in that area of UNLV and so I made my way back. She and some of her friends let me take their picture and really helped me out. 
     My theory has always been that you don't always need an elaborate setup or location to get a great portrait. To me a great portrait comes down to relating to your subject and a study of their face. I have developed a knack for quickly finding a person's best side and features, and then emphasizing them. This week's images don't quite fit with my series, but they demonstrate the same principle.


You look sad man. "It's college".






I spotted Diamond walking by and immediately noticed her hair and headband. Luckily my friend at UNLV knew her and stopped her for me.





He was carrying his walker across the street in front of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment